I’ve been very kindly nominated for the Liebster award by Lee over at MIB’s Instant Headaches, so go check out his blog if you haven’t already 🙂
I guess you all know this by now, but these awards come with a set of rules, and the rules for this one are as follows (I’ve made them slightly shorter);
1. Post the Liebster Award graphic on your site.
2. Thank the blogger who nominated your blog
3. The nominee is asked to write 11 facts about themselves
4. Answer the 11 questions from the post of the person who nominated them.
5. The nominee will nominate 9 other blogs
6. The nominee will then create 11 questions of their own for their nominated bloggers to answer in their Liebster post.
So here goes, 11 facts;
- I’m 5′ 9.5″ and nearly 6′ in heels (so I don’t wear heels that often, it makes me taller than my boyfriend) I read in the newspaper that tall women are more likely to get cancer so I guess I’m screwed.
- Good hygiene is apparently meant to raise the risk of Alzheimer’s, I have a shower and wash my hair every day so I guess I’m doubly screwed.
- I’m not religious at all, even from a young age the idea of some kind of supreme being sitting in the clouds constructing whole worlds seemed ridiculous (sorry to anyone reading this whose religious, it’s just my opinion) and I remember lengthy conversations with friends at school (a church of England school, oops) about how ridiculous it sounded. When I was about 6, around Christmas time I wrapped a little Peperami in kitchen roll with the top sticking out and said it was the baby Jesus. My friends told me God would send lightening down to kill me.
- I’m a bit of a Zumba addict
- My short film Once Bitten, Twice Shy has just been completed and will be going public on Vimeo sometime soon, so watch this space
- When I was a baby I cried every time Cliff Richard came on the radio. I’ve never been allowed to live that down.
- I’m ridiculously clumsy although I seem to have grown into my limbs over time and have less trouble with life. I don’t spill as many drinks as I used to. Recently I was sitting on my bed and I threw a glass of wine all over my face, it was dripping down the wall behind me and gushing from my hair into my face. I don’t know what happened, my hand just kind of slipped.
- Animals, especially baby ones, are my kryptonite. Most of the time I like my dog more than I do people.
- I often feel like there’s someone behind me while I’m out walking, especially when it’s getting dark. I don’t think I’m being followed by a ghost I just think I’m paranoid, and I’ve seen way too many horror films.
- Today I went to Zumba and then swam for an hour after, yesterday I did Body Pump which is known to absolutely slaughter your muscles for days after. I can barely sit down without holding onto something right now, I feel like an old woman. But at least I’ll be a slim old woman if I keep it up!
- I had a dream last night that some weird mother-daughter team punched a seal to death. I owned those bitches and I remember in the dream taking their names, numbers and addresses to send to the RSPCA and I was shouting at them a lot. One of them was called Catherine. It was weird…just before the seal punching incident I was swimming with said seals and got scared because I thought one was going to attack me. Gotta love dreams!
And here’s the 11 questions from Lee’s blog:
1. If the Internet, and subsequently blogs, hadn’t been invented how else would you get your views and thoughts out to the world?
I’m scared of public speaking so I probably wouldn’t bother. Or I’d make paintings on walls because I imagine life without internet would be a bit like being a caveman
2. If you could live in another time period when would that be and why?
Probably the 70’s because I like the music and women were allowed to wear jeans. I’m fascinated by the 20s and other fancy time periods but there’s no way in hell I’d wear a dress every day. I’d go back to those times as a man, sure but screw wearing dresses. 70’s it is!
3. Do you play a musical instrument?
I used to play the piano and did for about 8 years but I was never a natural. I only got to grade 3 and always struggled to play pieces, it took me ages to learn. I was halfway through learning David Bowie’s Life on Mars when I quit lessons. The minute I quit and stopped practicing I totally forgot how to play…it was a learned talent.
4. If you had a gun with just one bullet and you had the choice of shooting either Simon Cowell or Gordon Ramsay, who would you choose?
I love Simon Cowell, not in like a sex way but because I think he’s hilarious…I have a similarly dry sense of humour and I love people that tell it like it is. I don’t even care that he has a horrible sense of style and his hair looks like a badgers ass. It’s have to be Gordon Ramsay.
5. Are you easily scared by horror films or has one ever given you nightmares?
Nope, I’ve grown immune to horror films, I started young. American Werewolf in London, and anything to do with werewolves in general, gave me nightmares when I was a kid but I watched that film when I was about 8. I was shit scared of werewolves for years, partly thanks to my dad who would say stupid things like ‘did you see that werewolf just walk past?’ when we were looking out the window at night…he also chased me with a werewolf hand puppet around a Butlins hotel room.
6. Do you use babies or young children as an excuse to play with toys again?
No, I don’t have any babies or young children and I rarely see my young cousins. I’m actually pretty terrible with kids and never know how to talk to them. I can’t strike a balance between talking all gooey to a baby and talking to an adult so I either sound patronising or inappropriate. So no, I tend to avoid playing with kids.
7. Did you ever accidentally call a female teacher “mum” at school?
Yep, regularly…haven’t we all?
8. Have you ever kept any clothes that are beyond wearable both, aesthetically and practically, purely because they are comfortable?
9. When you receive cold callers on the phone do you give them an earful or just put the phone down?
It depends what kind of mood I’m in, most of the time I just hang up.
10. Do you ever shout the answers at a TV quiz show but know full well that you’ve never have the guts to go on one yourself?
All the time
11. At what age did you stop believing in Santa Claus?
Probably the same year my nan climbed a ladder at night and tapped the bedroom window with a stick thinking we’d think it was Santa. We didn’t, we crapped ourselves and cried about it for a while.
And now to nominate 9 other blogs…which I’m going to make 5, but you can do 9 if you want. I thought I’d choose 5 blogs carefully because my brain hurts at the moment and 9 is too much 😦
And for my 11 questions for these lovely people above:
- If you had to choose a horror scenario to happen to you what would it be; home invasion, alien invasion, apocalypse (of the zombie variety) or stalk and slash?
- Tomorrow night you’re going on a date with a film character of your choosing, who is it and why?
- When the internet goes down, what’s your coping strategy?
- What’s your favourite show on TV right now?
- Would you rather be too hot and have to cool down or be too cold and have to keep warm?
- Shower or bath?
- What country do you most want to visit?
- Biggest fear?
- Favourite ice cream flavour?
- If the purge was for real, which celebrity/public figure would you most want to brutally murder? You can be honest, they’re not going to read this.
- Any plans for the weekend?