I’ve been very kindly nominated for the ‘epically awesome award of epic awesomness’ by Kim over at Tranquil Dreams, so a big thank you to her 😀 check out her blog if you haven’t already, you won’t regret it 😀 Also a nomination from Meera Darji, who also has a brilliant blog that you should definitely have a look at 😀
So on to the rules, which are very simple;
1. Tell 10 epic and/or awesome facts about yourself.
2. Pass it on to 10 bloggers you think are awesome and/or epic – or both.
I might do a mixture of photos and facts because I’m not sure I can come up with ten interesting things!!
- I met Carol Ann Duffy a year or two ago, and she sat at a big table with all the Alevel English Literature students in my sixth form (which included me). We asked her questions about her poetry and stuff…she’s an amazing woman!!
- Also a couple of years ago Darren Shan did a book signing in my school library. Despite walking through the library several times that day I managed to completely bypass him! The person I thought was Darren Shan was actually the man who worked at Waterstones book shop…so I didn’t actually see him at all. Fail!
- I had a poem published in a book when I was eleven after I entered a poetry competition.
- I was born with tinnitus, but only found out I had it when I was a teenager. I used to think that it was what silence sounded like…sometimes it pisses me off, but most of the time I ignore it.
- I used to play the piano and was learning David Bowie’s Life on Mars just before I quit lessons…it was a mixture of not being able to afford the lessons any more, the realisation that I wasn’t a natural pianist and a loss of confidence after I freaked out in an exam and screwed up. Now I can’t play anything at all…I’ve forgotten how!
Now for five photos because I can’t think of any more facts!!
And now for my ten nominees! I read quite a lot of blogs, and there are many that I would consider ‘epically awesome’ but these are ten that stand out for various reasons…and because I’m feeling sentimental and want to share the wordpress love I’m gonna say why I think they’re awesome as well!
- Rumpydog This dog is gorgeous! I stumbled upon this blog very recently and haven’t had chance to interact much yet but I’ve read quite a few posts, as well as ‘liked’ on Facebook and I love it! I’m a sucker for malamute-type dogs and Rumpy is just adorable!!
- It Rains…You Get Wet A film blog with some very interesting posts about all sorts of things! And a sociable/friendly blogger as well!
- MikesFilmTalk What can I say?! The provider of some of the best banter on WordPress/facebook/twitter, and hilarious vlog outtakes! And of course a brilliant film reviewer and writer…and shortly actor in Once Bitten, Twice Shy
- Serendipity Very interesting, thought provoking and witty posts…just awesome all round! And a sociable blogger as well, which is always a bonus 🙂
- Tim The Film Guy Another sociable blogger, with a great film blog! Honest and well written reviews, and I get on with anyone who squirts kids off swings with water pistols! (that probably looks really bad out of context!)
- Katie-Marie Lynch A great friend and film enthusiast. Very talented writer and filmmaker and a much valued member of the Once Bitten, Twice Shy crew (my co director!!) A great blog as well, with lots of interesting posts and reviews 😀
- Rarasaur An awesome blog in itself with some great and unusual posts…and it’s green which is my favourite colour!!
- Mr Rumsey’s Film Related Musings Another great film blog with lots of reviews and some awesome interactive ‘segments’ like who’s that? which makes blogging more fun!
- Isaacs Picture Conclusions Honest reviews on a huge variety of films…and a really cool blog layout! (I’m like a magpie when it comes to colour…I love anything bright with lots of pictures!!)
- Meera Darji Another great friend and valued crew member of Once Bitten, Twice Shy! A very talented filmmaker and photographer with some hilarious stories from her childhood that made me laugh out loud! And of course, some great film reviews on her blog too!
And there we go! Those are my ten nominees!! I thought it’d be nice to give a reason as to why I was nominating rather than my usual list…plus I have a lot of free time and not much to do so I thought I’d make writing this post last a little longer! Sorry if I’ve missed anyone out…I’ve ‘met’ lots of epic and awesome people through this blog and read lots of awesome blogs in the process, but could only choose ten 😦