This is apparently a mix of the ‘versatile blogger award’ and the ‘very inspiring blogger award’…neither of which I’d heard of! I had no idea people gave awards for blogs and certainly never thought my blog would gather enough positive attention to get one. But somehow my often incoherent, sporadic blog postings have, and this award comes from the lovely Mike over at Mikes Film Talk…a blog that you really should check out…presumably if you’re on this blog you’re either a lecturer marking my work or you’re another film fanatic…if it’s the latter then definitely check it out if you haven’t already, if you’re a lecturer marking my work, I apologise profusely for the large amount of off-topic posts I keep making!!
Anyway…as with most things these days there are rules to receiving this, and they are:
- Display the Award Certificate on your website
- Announce your win with a post and link to whoever presented your award
- Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers
- Drop them a comment to tip them off after you’ve linked them in the post
- Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
So first, the 15 deserving bloggers. I’ve been browsing loads of blogs recently and there are many that I look at regularly, but here are 15 that have caught my eye for one reason or another, and I feel are deserving of an award;
Now for the hard part; 7 interesting things about me! It takes me long enough to come up with one, but I will try my best…
- When I was a kid, I called hedgehogs ‘Sackles’ (don’t ask me why!)
- I have a collection of Robert Downey Jr DVDs; 24 in total and counting!
- When I was little I used to eat lady birds because ‘they’re crunchy’…I also licked a fair few snails, so I’m told.
- I’m afraid of any creepy crawly things that move, anything that flaps near me (birds, bats…anything) and the dark, I used to be terrified of werewolves even though I knew they didn’t exist.
- I play volleyball, and I captained a team in a beach league two years in a row, and both times we won the league.
- I organised and ran my own adults volleyball session once a week for about a year prior to coming to university.
- I am besotted with my rescue dog Oscar and while I’m at uni, I talk to him on Skype (or try…he perks his ears up then runs away!)
So, I guess that’s it! That was difficult, coming up with those 7 things, but I got there in the end! They’re probably not really that interesting, but I like to keep things light hearted!
Thanks to all my followers, (especially Mike for this award) for all the support…it’s actually quite hard to believe people are interested in reading my blog! The follows, comments and likes are all much appreciated 🙂